Friday, February 12, 2016

Saying goodbye to all my stuff

This is the third time I've moved and sold everything that would not fit in a car (this time Wendy's car!). It amazes me how much "stuff" I've managed to accumulate as someone who has lived in 3 different states and 13 different dwellings in the last 16 years. Here's what I've learned from this most recent round of selling: 

  • I am the only person in the world who still has CDs - if one more person laughs about how "cute and vintage" they are, I might have to admit I am old (or just technologically delayed). 
  • A Toyota Rav4 priced to sell for under $2,000 is THE MOST POPULAR item ever on Craigslist. I had to take down the ad after 30 minutes because I could not handle the flood of emails coming in.  
  • A big ziploc bag full of old Ikea tools, nails, thumbtacks, and tape was perhaps the most popular item at last weekend's yard sale. I finally sold it in a bidding war between 3 men. 
  • If you put out a "free" box full of cleaning supplies and "Team Edward" stickers, someone will leave very happy with the entire box. 

Round two of selling starts tomorrow. Let's hope some more of those vintage CDs find a home, along with my dining set, dressers, couch, dishes....


 The super popular Rav4! 

 My apartment is slowly emptying. 

This is like 1/3 of my precious, precious shoe collection that has got to go. 

1 comment:

Why I left a six-figure job for Peace Corps Service

There’s nothing like doing taxes as a Peace Corps volunteer to remind you how much your life has changed.  And to give you heart palpitatio...